Highlights from SXSW Interactive
South by Southwest Interactive is an incredible celebration of all things technological. It’s the one time of the year that geeks and entrepreneurs from all corners of the planet gather in Austin to learn and socialize with their peers.
This was my third year at SXSWi and it was fantastic. To write a post about everything I learned and every person I met would take you weeks to read (not to mention write). I’ve decided to share my favorite moments from my time at SXSW with you in a fun list instead. Here goes…
My highlights from SXSW Interactive:
- Giving away plenty of Griffin goodies to great people.
- Getting crushed by Gary Vaynerchuk and the impromptu rap (NSFW) that occurred after his inspiring session. Gary is somebody we all should be watching for both business and life inspiration.
- The @griffintech tweet up that so many of you attended. Thanks for coming!
- Sharing our road trip stories with a room full of wonderful people. Thanks to Kurty D and Jolie O’ Dell for sharing their tales from their roadtwip.
- Hanging with our friends at Threadless.
- Learning about the history of the button by Bill DeRouchey. Fascinating stuff!
- Seeing the smiling faces of the tireless SXSW staff. Thank you all!
- Eating, eating and eating.
- Learning about why we need to get back to drawing by Dan Roam. Dan truly made me rethink the way I think!
- Learning about viral video and then being put in one (I’m the last on the right, behind the woman in the red) by TED’s Jason Wishnow and Damian Kulash from OKGO.
- Watching a demo of how Wired magazine will appear and function on iPad and other new devices.
- Seeing and meeting so many incredible people. Thank you all for making SXSW such an amazing experience.
I know as soon as I hit publish I will remember more items to add to this list, so please consider this only a starting point in my mind. There are too many highlights to list from such a fantastic conference.