I posted recently about how to quickly mute your iPad, especially late at night. One annoyance about using my iPad at night is having to go into the settings to adjust the brightness.
Lo and behold, one of our awesome readers submitted the solution! Josh Velasquez writes:
Before multitasking was introduced to iPad, you would have to switch to the Settings app to change the iPad’s brightness. Now, you can do this (and more) from the multitasking bar.
1. Press the iPad’s Home button twice (quickly, like double-clicking a mouse) to reveal the multitasking bar at the bottom of the screen.
2. Swipe toward the right along the multitasking bar to move the app icons off the screen.
3. These iPad controls will appear (from left to right):
– mute button or orientation lock button, depending on how your iPad’s Side Switch is configured.
– brightness slider
– audio control buttons (previous, play/pause, next, and sometimes AirPlay)
– volume slider
– icon for the last audio app you used (probably iPod)
4. To adjust the brightness, touch and drag the little knob on the brightness slider left or right.
Thanks for the tip Josh. We’ll be sending you a little something for your time. Cheers!
We award great tips with Griffin products
Do you have a tip you would like to share with us? If we use it here, we’ll send you something too. Submit your iPad tips now.