I’m a huge fan of podcasting and podcasts in general. I’m subscribed to nearly 150 of them! Sometimes I hear an episode that leaves me excited or inspired and I want to share it with my friends.
How to share a podcast from your iPad or iPhone
From the iPod screen on your iPad or iPhone, click the small envelope icon on the top left side (pictured). This will automatically open your email and include the link to the episode in iTunes (pictured). You can customize the message or just send it to your friend as is.
Done! Doesn’t it feel good to share things?
How to share a podcast on Twitter and Facebook
EDIT ON 21 July 2012:
Eagle-eyed Friend of Griffin Designer Alex commented:
What do u mean, “voila?” Thanks for the instructional article, but what email do we send to? Is there a special email account we should open in Posterous? This is in re to sharing a liked podcast on Facebook. Thanks.
Reading back over the post, I realize that we omitted a couple of steps, which I happily add here:
- 1) Log in to your Tumblr account.
- 2) Select Blog Settings. The URL will look something like this: www.tumblr.com/blog/YOURBLOGSNAMEHERE.
- 3) Scroll down about halfway.
- 4) There you should see a listing for Post by Email. Copy this email listing into your Address Book or Contacts. I gave the contact the name “Post by Mail”.
- 5) Now when you’re ready to send a link as outlined above, simply address the email to “Post by Mail” (or whatever you named the contact) and that gets it sent to the right place.
- 6) And because you’ve linked your Tumblr account to your Twitter and Facebook accounts, emailing to Tumblr will post it both places simultaneously.
- 1) Send sent the email to YOURBLOGSNAMEHERE@Posterous.com.
- 2) There is no step two. Your emailed podcast will post straight to your Posterous account. And your Posterous account will post to both Twitter and Facebook simultaneously (assuming you’ve linked them).
Now send that podcast email to your Posterous or Tumblr email address and voila!
Have you heard a podcast worth sharing lately? What show do have to hear every time?