Before you transfer the file, go ahead and start up iTunes.
- Go to iTunes (top left corner)
- Choose Preferences
- Select Import Settings (down in the middle)
- Choose Import Using
- From the drop down menu choose MP3 Encoder
Now when you import files from iTalk to iTunes you can easily convert them to MP3:
- Click the file in iTunes (so it’s blue)
- Select Advanced
- Choose Create MP3 Version
A second file will be created in iTunes. One will be the original .AIFF and the newer one will be an .MP3.
I hope this helps.