You know the scene at the end of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” all the Whos in Whoville join hands and sing that Wahoo Dorris song? It’s sort of like that here at the GriffPlex, only without the handholding. Or the singing. Or the inimitable Thurl Ravenscroft doing clever songs that double as character exposition.
But we’re really excited about the new iPad (3rd generation). Here’s the short version:
- Weight – 1.44 lbs (652 g) – heavier by 51 grams
- Dimensions – 9.5″ X 7.31″ X .37″ – thicker by .6 mm
- Screen – 2048 X 1536-pixel resolution on a 9.7″ Multi-Touch display – pixellier by millions
- Chipset – “Dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics” – speedier
- Camera – 5 MP iSight camera – higher resolution by 4 megapixels
Now here’s the great news.
Based on Apple’s public specs, most Griffin cases for iPad 2 will fit the new iPad. And you can buy them all now here in the Griffin store. So you can order now and have a brand-new case to keep your new iPad protected from anything from scratches and jolts to the stray spoonful of Who-hash.
Oh and did we mention we’re giving away a boatload of gear and an iPad 3? Sign up for the newsletter to enter.