Channel Sales Manager 7/2/2015
The Channel Sales Manager develops and sustains new and existing sales channels, contacting, establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with resellers, working closely with internal departments and leading the development of channel programs.
- Act as a liaison between Griffin’s Sales & Marketing teams and the equivalent team at named accounts.
- Build solutions with Griffin’s Marketing department and Director of Sales to create a more interactive customer experience within the retail / DMR environment.
- Work closely with Distribution team, Director of Sales, and fellow Channel Sales Managers as needed to develop a comprehensive, cohesive plan to grow and close sales at named accounts.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, facilitate all communications with channel partners, manage account profiles, monitor competitor activity, form plans for increasing market share and communicating channel activities.
- Work closely with channel partners to develop accurate and timely forecasting.
- Execute and perform ROI analysis on promotions with recommendations on how to improve.
- Work with Marketing team to position Griffin products in the most effective way to drive additional exposure within store(s).
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Three to five years of sales experience required. Distribution sales, retail consumer electronics, and/or wireless industry experience preferred; or significant relevant equivalent experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% required.
- Must have good sales and communications skills and the ability to influence promotional efforts of channel partners and their sales staff.
- Must have strong closing skills and be able to directly support and help close new business.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and manage channel partners’ efforts towards promotion of Griffin products and achievement of company goals.
- Must be able to work with other Griffin Salespeople to ensure coordination of efforts through distributors when appropriate.