Griffin Press Room
Griffin Previews the Twenty Audio Amplifier for Airport Express at CES
Twenty gives your existing non-powered speakers the ultimate in untethered digital playback from iTunes
Las Vegas, NV – January 9, 2012 – Griffin Technology, one of the world’s foremost creators of innovations for everyday life, will debut Twenty at CES – an audio amplifier that uses an Airport Express to capture the AirPlay stream, decode it, then send the lossless, amplified sound through speakers.
“The Griffin Twenty is the easiest, best-sounding solution for consumers who have speakers that are not AirPlay-enabled but still want to stream high-fidelity audio wirelessly,” said Mark Rowan, President of Griffin Technology. “Not only can users stream from their iTunes library, they can easily connect with any AirPlay-enabled iOS device.”
Twenty boasts a zero-configuration audio set-up that streams Apple Lossless sound from iTunes or any other AirPlay-enabled app (Pandora, Spotify, last.fm, etc.) to the user’s speakers via a low-profile digital amplifier. Twenty comes equipped with a power connection and mount for Airport Express. It features a 2.1 channel sound system with 20 watts output per channel and also supports a powered subwoofer with an automatic active crossover at 80 Hz.
To learn more visit www.griffintechnology.com/twenty and watch the video of Twenty in action.
• Class D Stereo Amplifier - TI PurePath™
• Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
• Outputs: Spring-loaded right & left channel connectors; RCA subwoofer connector
• Sensitivity: 0.34 dBFS for 20 watts (Volume control set to max.)
• Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @0.08% THD, both channels driven
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20kHz, +0, -0.34 dB
• Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
• Crosstalk: -71 dB
• Left + Right sub-bass audio
• Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
• Power: Line-level output (2V rms at 0 dBFS input)
• High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
• Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
• 100 - 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz supplies both amp and power connection for Airport Express.
For more information about Griffin Technology, visit www.griffintechnology.com.
About Griffin Technology
Founded on Paul Griffin's kitchen table in 1992, Griffin Technology Inc., is today one of the world's foremost creators of accessories for home, mobile, and personal technology. Unique products such as iTrip®, PowerMate®, iFM®, iMic® and Evolve® Wireless Speaker System have broken new ground in consumer electronics and created loyal fans the world over. Today, Griffin products are conceived, designed and developed in-house and continue to push the envelope of the industry they helped create. Learn more about Griffin's entire range of ingenious designs at www.griffintechnology.com, www.facebook.com/griffintech and on Twitter, @griffintech.