Griffin Press Room
Griffin Releases First-Available Integration of FM Transmitter and iPhone App
iTrip and iTrip Controller App Provide Full Hardware and App Support for iPhone and iPod touch
Nashville, TN - September 22, 2009 - Griffin Technology Inc., the creative leader in ingenious peripherals for iPhone, iPod, Mac and PC, today announced the market's first-available FM transmitter and iPhone app pairing. The new iTrip FM transmitter for iPhone and iPod, fully integrated with its new iTrip Controller app, is the most advanced iTrip yet.
"iTrip has defined the iPod accessory industry since its release seven years ago," said Paul Griffin, creator of iTrip, founder and CEO of Griffin Technology Inc. "Now with app integration, iTrip represents the latest FM transmitter technologies and best user interface available anywhere."
App integration is the latest iTrip innovation, pairing the hardware with iTrip Controller for iPhone and iPod touch. Users connect iTrip to their iPhone or iPod touch running iPhone OS 3.0, open the app, and are greeted with a large, simple display showing tuning controls and a SmartScan button, Griffin's trademark technology that instantly locates the best available frequency. Three preset options are present and programmable, and a settings screen allows for adjustment of SmartSound EQ and mono/stereo broadcast modes. Any change made in the app instantly occurs on the iTrip, and iTrip adjustments are instantly reflected on the app, making for complete and flawless iTrip hardware and software integration.
iTrip itself embodies the state of the art plus some new features:
- Broadcasts music, podcasts and audio books to any nearby FM radio
- Displays track and artist information on RDS-compatible radios
- Backlit graphic LCD display is easy to read in any light
- Large menu button allows easy fingertip navigation of menus
- Griffin's SmartScan technology automates setup and operation by instantly finding the best available frequency in any locale
- Users can save up to 3 presets for easy recall
- Choose between stereo and mono transmission for best signal
- Toggle SmartSound EQ adjustment on or off
- Transport controls allow track changes directly from the iTrip and return tactile button feedback to iPhone and iPod touch
- Micro-USB port for charging any USB-powered iPod or iPhone from any compatible charger, including Griffin's classic PowerBlock or PowerJolt
iTrip and iTrip Controller work together to create the easiest, most straightforward, yet technologically advanced FM experience for iPod touch and iPhone yet. For users with iPod Models that do not support apps, iTrip is fully compatible with iPod classic, iPod nano 4th generation and iPod nano 3rd generation.Pricing and Availability
iTrip, $49.99, is available now at major retailers and at www.griffintechnology.com. iTrip Controller is now available as a free download from the iTunes App store.
About Griffin Technology
Since 1992, Griffin Technology Inc. has earned its reputation as the creative leader in ingenious accessories for iPod, iPhone, Mac and PC. Learn more about Griffin's original and award-winning creations at www.griffintechnology.com.
© 2009 Griffin Technology Inc. iTrip, PowerBlock and PowerJolt are registered trademarks of Griffin Technology Inc. SmartScan and SmartSound are trademarks of Griffin Technology Inc. All other product names and trademarks are property of their respective companies.