Griffin Press Room
Griffin Technology Unveils iTalk Recording App for iPhone and iPod touch
Nashville, TN - October 27, 2008 - Griffin Technology Inc., creator of all things iPod and iPhone, today announced the availability of iTalk, a new sound recording app for iPhone, iPhone 3G, and 2nd generation iPod touch. Griffin iTalk turns iPhone or iPod touch into an ultra-mobile, super-compact recording unit. This two-part app allows users to create high-quality recordings, and then transfer the recordings to a Mac or PC. Users will appreciate the one-touch recording controls, and the ability to pause/resume recordings and even append to previous recordings on the fly.
iTalk is a two-part software application. Download the iTalk app from the iTunes App Store and install it on your iPhone or iPod touch, for mobile recording and playback. Its companion program, iTalk Sync, runs on your computer to transfer recordings from iPod or iPhone for editing and sharing. iTalk Sync connects to your iPod touch or iPhone wirelessly via your local Wi-Fi network, and makes transfers a snap: just drag the recordings from iTalk Sync's list and drop them onto your desktop. Recordings are saved as high-quality AIFF files, playable in iTunes and most other media players.
- High-quality handheld recording
- Easy, convenient user interface and controls
- Drag and drop file transfers wirelessly to your computer
- User-selectable Good/Better/Best sample rate
- Pause/resume and append to existing recordings on the fly
- Recording on 2nd gen iPod touch works with the addition of Apple's iPhone headset, or with Griffin's updated TuneBuds Mobile and SmartTalk mic/control solutions
Griffin has updated their combination headphone/mic solutions to complement the new iTalk App and offer a complete recording solution with external microphone and inline remote. The updated TuneBuds Mobile and SmartTalk also work with the built-in voice recording functions of 4th generation iPod nano and iPod classic 120GB.
Pricing & Availability
Griffin's iTalk is free for a limited time, and is now available at the iTunes App Store. For additional information on iTalk, please visit the product page at www.griffintechnology.com/products/italk
iTalk Sync is now available as a free download at www.italksync.com.
- Works with built-in mic on iPhone and iPhone 3G
- Works with 2nd-generation iPod touch (requires TuneBuds Mobile, SmartTalk, Apple Stereo Headset or similar compatible headset; note that first-generation iPod touch does not support recording)
- System requirements: Mac OS X 10.4 or later (PC version coming soon); Wi-Fi network for file transfers
About Griffin Technology
Griffin Technology has earned a reputation as the creative leader in ingenious peripherals and accessories for Mac, PC, iPod and iPhone. Find out more about Griffin's entire range of products at www.griffintechnology.com.