How do I delete the PowerMate Preferences in XP?
So you want to trash the preference file, but aren't quite sure where to find it? No problem! You can find the preference file for the PowerMate here:
- Open My Computer
- Double click Local Disk C:
- Double click Documents and Settings
- Double click your name
- Go to Tools in the menu bar and select Folder Options
- Click the View tab
- Look for Hidden files and folders
- Click Show hidden files and folders
- Click OK
- Double click Application Data
- Double click GriffinTechnology
- Delete the PowerMate folder
- Empty your Trash
- Restart the PC without the device plugged in.
- After the PC has rebooted, plug the device in.