Griffin Technology, Inc. (“Griffin” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.griffintechnology.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website; and
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Griffin or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or completing a purchase on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and/or
- your search queries on the Website.
USER CONTRIBUTIONS; THIRD-PARTY SITES, PLUG-INS AND APPLICATIONS.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), including through third-party social media sites, plug-ins and applications such as Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
When you engage with our content on or through third-party social media sites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information from your social media profile (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, location, your list of friends, people you follow and/or who follow you, the posts or the ‘likes’ you make) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the application. We may also obtain non-personally identifiable information (e.g., content viewed) from your interaction with our content.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Griffin, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at OptOutMailings@griffintechnology.com to request that you not be sent any or all of such information. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND ADWORDS.
We use certain features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, including Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Remarketing, to track the results of certain of our online advertisements and to display content-specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site. We and other third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (i) report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Website, and (ii) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to our Website.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Google Ads Settings located at www.google.com/settings/ads. To prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Griffin’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Griffin about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to vendors that Griffin deems provide goods or services that you may be interested in, if you have not opted out of these disclosures. You may opt out of receiving such vendor emails by contacting us at OptOutVendorEmail@griffintechnology.com (for more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information);
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Griffin, our customers or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us at OptOutVendorEmail@griffintechnology.com.
- Promotional Offers from Griffin. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Griffin to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at OptOutMailings@griffintechnology.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page or by contacting us at PrivacyInformationAccess@griffintechnology.com. If you believe that any of your information is incorrect or needs updating, please let us know by contacting us at the e-mail address listed above. Griffin will use reasonable efforts to correct your information and our records upon verification of the requested change.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. When the use of a Griffin web page involves the transmission of personal information or confidential information to Griffin, Griffin uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology to establish a secure connection between your computer and Griffin. SSL allows the transmission of encrypted information from your computer to Griffin and back again, and is currently the industry standard for Internet platform security.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.