Magnetic breakaway power cable for USB-C laptops
Apple's MagSafe connector has saved literally millions of laptops from destruction caused by tripping over one's power cord. But with the introduction of USB-C on new MacBooks, this safety feature is absent.
The BreakSafe Connector
BreakSafe's patented quick-release magnetic connector plugs into your laptop's USB-C port and safely disconnects from the rest of the cable when under stress or strain, like tripping over the power cord. The streamlined magnetic connector is only 12.8 mm deep so you can leave it plugged into your laptop's USB-C port when not in use.
BreakSafe is Designed to Protect your Laptop and You
Because it is designed to carry power sufficient to charge your laptop's battery (up to 60 watts), BreakSafe incorporates four different safety features to protect you and your laptop from accidental or intentional misuse:
- Visual: Visual markings on the connector housing show the user the correct way to attach the cable and connector.
- Magnetic: BreakSafe's magnets only allow it to be connected the correct way, and ensure the cord's polarity is consistent with both the power supply and the device being powered.
- Structural: BreakSafe has two small keys molded into its magnetic connector that physically prevent the magnets from engaging, and prevent the cable from connecting incorrectly.
- Electrical: BreakSafe's central ground pin is the first conductive element to touch when joining the cable and connector This ensures that any static electrical charges are dissipated before before the cable begins passing power from supply to device.
Use BreakSafe with the USB-C power supply that came with your laptop. BreakSafe is rated up to 60 watts (20 volts @ 3 amps), and has been designed and tested to meet USB-C power standards. Please note that BreakSafe is for charging power only; data and video are not supported.
- Apple 12" MacBook (Early 2016 model)
- Apple 12" MacBook (With Retina display, Early 2015 model)
- Google Chromebook Pixel
- Google Pixel C
BreakSafe is Guaranteed for Life. If it fails to perform as specified, we'll repair or replace it. See www.griffintechnology.com/warranty for our full warranty policy.
- Safely disconnects from your computer when under stress or strain
- Compatible with Apple's MacBook (12") and other devices that charge via USB-C
- Length: 6 ft. (1.8 m)
- In the box: BreakSafe USB-C cable with quick disconnect magnetic connector
- Designed and tested to meet USB-C power standards
- Rated up to 60 watts (20 volts at 3 amps) power
- Data and video are not supported
- US Patent No. US7658613B1
- Warranty: Guaranteed for Life
- MacBook 2015