With the late-2008 introduction of the "unibody" MacBook and MacBook Pro, Apple introduced a new video protocol: Mini DisplayPort. A more compact form of its DisplayPort connector, Mini DisplayPort (or Mini DP) connects monitors, projectors and other external displays and supports resolutions of up to 1920 X 1200.
Our Video Display Converter is a two-in-one solution to convert Mini DisplayPort video output to two high-definition formats: DVI (Digital Visual Interface) and HDMI (High-Definition Media Interface). Use with your existing cabling to convert the Mini DP signal to HDMI or single-link DVI and enjoy your MacBook or Macbook Pro's video in high resolution on the big screen.
MacBook Pro models released in April 2010 support audio output through the Mini DisplayPort, and the audio passes through our Video Display Converter. Please note that the Mini DisplayPort on machines released before April 2010 only outputs video signal. To receive audio, you'll need to connect your MacBook to your stereo receiver using an audio cable like our Aux Cable or StereoConnect Cables.
This product is Guaranteed for Life. If it fails to perform as specified, we’ll repair or replace it. See www.griffintechnology.com/warranty for our full warranty policy.
- Converts video output from your Mini DisplayPort source to DVI or HDMI monitors, displays and projectors
- Passes audio signal when used with MacBook Pro (April 2010 model)
- Transfers digital video at resolutions up to 1920 X 1200 (resolution is limited by the display itself)
- Display video on DVI- and HDMI-enabled high-resolution projectors, external displays (including Apple's 30" Cinema Display)
- WARRANTY: Guaranteed for life. See www.griffintechnology.com/warranty for our full warranty policy.
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Need help with your Griffin product? Looking for manuals or videos?
Visit our Support site for more information.